Weekend Warriors
If you are new please create an account AS YOUR MAINS NAME.

-Oozu
Weekend Warriors
If you are new please create an account AS YOUR MAINS NAME.

-Oozu
Weekend Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you are new please register your username as the toon name you wish to apply for

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DKP explanation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oozu
Admin of Doom!!!!
Admin of Doom!!!!

DKP explanation Empty
PostSubject: DKP explanation   DKP explanation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Alot of people have been asking me what it is and how it even works. Since this is the system we will be using i decided to right this up for everyone.

DKP stands for Dragon Kill Points. You earn these points for being on time and ready to go for the raid, Dropping named mobs and on occasion wiping to mobs and clearing trash. There is a set amount of points you will earn for these things.

Wiping to trash and nameds is worth 3 points ( you will only ever get wiping to named DKP if we don't kill the boss)
A Boss death is worth 10 points.
Being on time and ready to go is worth 5 points.

What are these points for you ask? Well ill tell you. Would you rather that the guild leadership decided who gets what loots and then cry when you feel something was given unfairly? Alot of people don't mind this. but DKP is a much better system. You use the points that you earn to bid on items. EX: Drop of awesome godlisness drops and you want it. but so does every smuck in the raid. An officer or I will call for bids. You can then view the amount of DKP you have via our website and bid your dragon kill points for this item. The highest bid wins!

Now for Standby explanation. Over time i've led guilds i've been in guilds and blah blah blah. I've learned that to be a truly successfull guild you can't just roll around with an exact 18 people. although this is nice it just doesnt work. if were missing 2 clerics well noone raids that day because key players are missing. With a standby system we will be able to have multiple players on multiple classes. As a person on standby you will earn THE SAME AMOUNT OF DKP (yes sometimes it just isnt fair, but believe me everyone will do their time on standby and you wont cry when you're the one earning dkp without doing anywork").

Ways to avoid standby: Need an item from the boss were going after, being their on time and ready for raid.

*********** JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ON TIME AND READY TO GO BEFORE SOME OTHER SMUCK DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL BE GUARANTEED A RAID SPOT....HOWEVER IT DOES HELP YOUR CHANCES**************************

********** BEING ON STANDBY MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU ARE WITH OR WHAT YOU ARE DOING YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DROP IT AT A MOMENTS NOTICE AND COME TO THE RAID. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO THIS IN AN EXTREMLEY TIMELY MATTER YOU WILL LOSE ALL EARNED STANDBY DKP FOR THAT DAY**********

Back to top Go down
https://wwsod.forumotion.com

DKP explanation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Weekend Warriors :: interested in joining? :: Apps and that jazz-
Jump to: